1. If you have not already done so, please download the most current update by visiting http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/DownloadUpdate.asp.
2. Start Legacy Family Tree and click the FamilySearch button on the toolbar and select "Open Legacy Family Search".
3. Legacy FamilySearch will then start. Please logon.
1. On the left side of the Legacy FamilySearch screen, immediately above the list of names, click the Auto Match button.
2. We recommend check marking "Flag individuals that are auto matched (Auto matched individuals will have yellow arrows)".
3. Click the Start button. Depending on the number of people in your file, this process can take a long time to complete.
4. After the auto matching process is done, examine your list of names for people with yellow arrows. As you click a person, their double yellow arrows will turn double red. Please go through the process of checking the people for Possible Duplicates and then Share Data, etc. as needed.
5. If you find a person with yellow arrows who has been incorrectly auto matched, click the Unlink Person button.
Automatically Updating Ordinances
Once individuals in your family file are matched (have a temple icon) you can then have Legacy automatically update the ordinances.
1. In Legacy Family Search click the Update Matches button.
2. Check mark "Update all ordinance status icons" and "Replace Legacy ordinance events with official church record."
3. Click the Start button.
• Don't try to auto match everyone in your family file at one time, especially if you have a large family file. Auto Match results are easier to work through if you filter your family file in some way to limit the number of people who get yellow-yellow arrows. It then becomes the process of "eating an elephant one bite at a time."