• Download the Legacy Geo Location Database:
1. The easy way to get the Geo Location Database is to download the installer from http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/GeoDBDownload.asp. Make sure you are signed to your computer as Administrator when you download and to temporarily disable your internet security.
2. Run the installer and browse to the installation location.
• For Legacy 8.0 accept the default
• For Legacy 7.5 and earlier this is C:\Legacy\Geo
3. Open Legacy and then click on Tools > Geo Location Database.
4. The Geo Location Database will initialize and rebuild its indexes. When done it will be ready for use.
• Install from CD:
The fastest and easiest way to get the Geo Location Database file (GeoDB.gdb) onto your hard drive is to install it from a Legacy installation CD. The main advantages of the Geo Location Database file on the CD are that it contains all six regions of the world, needs no lengthy downloading from the Internet, no importing steps, and no compression steps:
1. Simply insert the CD and when the setup screen opens, click on Install Geo Location Database.