Getting Started with the Volume One Legacy Training Videos
Thank you for purchasing the Volume 1 Legacy Training Videos. The following videos are on the thumb drive:
Legacy for Beginners
Names, Dates, and Places
Ultimate Guide to Sources
Events and Chronologies
There is a simple menu system on the thumb drive that you can use to start each training video. Once a video is
launched, you can listen for a while and then click the Pause button to stop the video at any time to try what you
have learned in Legacy (which you can have running at the same time as the videos). Clicking on the Play button
continues the video where you left off.
1. Insert the thumb drive into a USB port. (It may take a couple minutes for your computer to automatically
install the thumb drive driver.)
2. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the thumb drive.
3. Double‐click on LegacyMenu. A menu appears where you can then watch any of the videos.
More Detailed Instructions
1. Insert the thumb drive into a USB port. A driver file may be installed which might take a couple minutes…
When you insert the thumb drive into a USB port on your computer, the thumb drive will be assigned a drive
letter. This is usually the next available letter after your hard drives and DVD players.
2. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the thumb drive. When you open Windows Explorer there should
be a panel on the left that includes a section named, "Computer." Under this section is listed all the available
drives on your computer. Probably the bottom line in the list reads something like, "Legacy Family Tree 8.0 (E:)"
(The drive letter may be different.) Click on that drive. When you do, the following files should appear in the
main panel on the right:
(You may not see the file extensions at the end of the filenames if your computer is configured not to show
3. Double‐click on the LegacyMenu.exe file (or just
LegacyMenu). A menu appears where you can then
watch any of the videos by clicking on the appropriate
When the videos are playing, if you hover over the video screen,
a chapter list will appear along the left side which lets you
quickly jump to any of the chapters in the video.
When you are ready to close the menu, just click the Exit